Cannabis is also called marijuana. Marijuana is a kind of plant and is in use by its addicts since time immemorial. It is also called “pot” and is an illegal drug mostly prevalent in the United States. This plant leaves is mostly smoked by its addicts. Sometimes people prefer to eat this drug as well. The cannabis intoxication is a dangerous medical condition, which if not treated in time, can be fatal. This state of fatalness does not come due to the ingestion of the drug in much higher dose than required. Instead, the side effects and the loss of mental alertness may lead to some major accidents which may ultimately cause death to the patient. Though, the intravenous ingestion of the drug in large amount can kill the patient. This cannabis intoxication has both psychological and physiological effects. Its medicinal use is legalized in the US by the US state law. Cannabis intoxication is also called marijuana intoxication.
Create this article
The cannabis or marijuana contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) that causes cannabinoids. This cannabinoids lead to all the intoxicating side effects of this drug.
Create this article
The patient with cannabis intoxication can undergo the following symptoms namely:-
- The patient with acute cannabis can be euphoric under the influence of marijuana.
- There may be reduced stress level.
- He/she may complain of anxiety and temporary short-term memory loss.
- There may be higher risks of heart attack and strokes.
- The long term addiction of marijuana may lead to schizophrenia and bipolar disorders.
- It may also lead to major depression.
- The patient may also complain of dry mouth and redness of the eyes.
- There may be reduced intra-ocular pressure and muscle relaxation.
- The patient may have a sensation of cold or hot hands and feet.
- In the long term the patient comes in the risk zone of cancer.
There is no known prevention. Everybody should participate in the various government funded drug awareness programs to know the ill effects of marijuana addictions. There have always been mixed end results on this program.
Our users add : Create this article
The treatments of cannabis intoxication are similar to that of alcoholics and other disorders. The main aim of treatment is abstinence. The treatments include hospitalization, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation, and certain outpatient programs. Narcotics anonymous programs are also useful. Those who are heavily addicted are given anti-anxiety or anti depressant medication
Get expert advise on pricing, expertise and availability To book a free counselling session
please fill in your details-